Saturday, May 15, 2010

'cause I feel like it

Oh man, where to start?
Seeing as how I have not been the most avid blogger, I feel as if I need to fill everyone in. This past week was bike week for those of us living in the Myrtle Beach area. Now usually, this generally has no affect on me; however, this spring I am working at Texas Roadhouse and it DEFINITELY has an affect on that. Aside from the extra road-rage it induced, I received little benefits from the experience. My tip money did not increase as much as everyone said it would and neither did my paycheck! But, I am not complaining, I am grateful that I even have a job. 
In addition to work, I am still going to "school". I placed school in quotations because my AP English "film study" and my government nap hour can't really be given that credit. But, it's almost all over! My last exams are coming up at the end of this week and then it's all summer breeze until I graduate on May 28th! I have obviously sent out my grad invites already and have also received two gifts! My mother's close friends, the Griffiths, have given me a Vera Bradley laptop case (of my very own, seeing as how I previously took my mother's).
The colors of the pattern, Sittin' In a Tree, match the colors on my stationary for my thank-you cards! How cute, haha
The Matthews (close family friends from our home town of Gastonia, NC) have also already given me my gift. They got me white bedroom slippers with my monogram on them, as well as a Lilly Pulitzer poplin sleep shirt! really cute gift idea.
This week is my last week of high school and it is proving to be bittersweet. I am SO READY to be done with high school but soooo hesitant to leave my friends! Hopefully it will all go over nicely, and Charleston isn't to far from home, so i'm sure i'll get visits from my friends while I am at CofC!

1 comment: